The Institute Library has a huge collection of books on each subject taught at IMSciences. The Circulation Section has a unique role for providing the latest information to readers. Furthermore, Circulation Section has introduced computerized system for keeping proper records of the library documents.
Since August 2009, the library has started circulation transaction i.e. check-in and check-out of the books on smart Bar-coded cards. This method has made the circulation system more efficient and error free. The circulation section provides the following services:
- Register new members, issues borrower cards etc.
- Issuing and receipt of reading materials to and from the library members only.
- Fine collection for overdue books.
- Inform the library members regarding reading material reservation.
- Settle cases regarding the books lost or damaged by the members.
- Issue Library Clearance Certificate.
- Check incoming and outgoing materials thoroughly.
- Helps the library users in finding the required materials.
- Guide library users in finding research articles available in digital libraries on the internet.
- Arrange reading materials on the book racks.
Keeping in view the courses taught at IMSciences and the interest of the library users, the Institute has subscribed to a number of best magazines and research journals in order to provide latest information in their relevant fields. The following magazines and journals have been subscribed to:
- Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Lahore Journal of Economics
- Journal of Managerial Sciences
- Business Review
- Pakistan Development Review
- South – Asian Journal
- Journal of Islamic Banking and Finance
- Journal of IBP
- Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Policy
- Journal of Social Sciences
- Monthly Current Affairs
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Entrepreneurship
- Journal of Public Health
- Asian Management Cases
- HRD Review
- Empirical Economic Review
- Sarhad Journal of Management Sciences
- Journal of Business and Economics
- FWU Journal of Social Sciences
- International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies
- Asian Journal of Agriculture and Research Development
- Journal of Business Strategy
- Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences
- Journal of Managerial Sciences
- Journal of Quantitative Methods
- City University Research Journal
- Pakistan Current Affairs
- The Economist
- Pakistan & Gulf Economist
- PC World
- The Accountant
- Maximum PC
- MIT Sloan Management
- Reader’s Digest
- Strategy + Business
- Harvard Business Review
- World Time
- Press Review
Keeping in view the importance of newspapers, the library purchases a variety of local English and Urdu newspapers, which include:
- The News
- The Dawn
- The Nation
- Daily Times
- Business Recorder
- The Frontier Post
- The Statesman
- The Daily Mashriq
- The Daily Aaj
- The Daily Khabrain
- The Daily Express
- The Daily Jang and
Members can read the following newspapers in the library
- The Jang read online
- Nawa-i-waqt read online
- Jasarat read online
- The news read online
- Daily times read online
- Dawn read online
- The nation read online
- Business Recorder read online
- Khabrain read online
- Express read online
The Institute Library has a huge collection of Research/Thesis Reports which each student submits in the final semester of his/her programme. The students doing their research on any topic can use these reports as a guideline.
Internet facilities are also available in the library. The library users can use internet for their research purposes, e-mails, and other academic tasks.
HEC Digital Library
Within the premises of IMSciences, a digital library was established in 2006 by HEC. It includes 23,000 full text journals of international repute. This facility is also available in the library from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
HEC has also launched an e Library under the title E-brary, which includes 40,000 books. The site is http://site.ebrary.com/lib/ims
Books in soft form on each subject are available in the Library. The library users can copy these books on USB for personal use.
Library Users Demands
The library users are free to recommend best books by the best publishers written by the best authors to librarian for library. This will enhance the library collection and the library users will get quality reading materials.
The Institute library is a newly established library and is on its way to becoming a state-of-the-art learning resource center. Three wide halls are available in the library, in which the following useful sections are planned to be established very soon:
- Acquisition, Cataloguing and Classification Section
- Audio Visual Section
- Periodical Section including Government Publications
- Automation Unit
- Students Services Section including Photocopying, Printing, Scanning etc.
- Research Section including Internet Lab, Study Carrels.
- Reference Services Section.
The entire student body as well as the Faculty is eligible to borrow books from the Library with different enrolment forms for both. A library borrower Card is issued to each member student after providing the required information given in the enrolment form. The Borrower Card consists of Student ID, Name, Father�s Name, Programme, Section and Semester. This card is meant for single use only.